Agha Iqrar Haroon grandson of Maulana Hifz-ur-Rehman started his career as Cultural tourist guide and a freelance journalist in year 1983 at the age of 18. Later on when he moved to Government College University
Agha Iqrar Haroon
Agha Iqrar Haroon grandson of Maulana Hifz-ur-Rehman started his career as Cultural tourist guide and a freelance journalist in year 1983 at the age of 18. Later on when he moved to Government College University (GCU) Lahore, he became President of Hiking and Mountaineering Club (HMC) GCU and an important figure of debating society at GCU Lahore.
He is registered as PhD (Anthropology) Scholar at Quaid-e-Azam University Islamabad. He got his Masters in Philosophy (Group Development) in 1989, gained Bachelor degree in Social Work (Group Management) and Psychology (Group Psychology) in 1986 and Intermediate Certificate in Psychology and Philosophy in 1984, all from Government College Lahore.
As a Journalist and founder of an organization Ecotourism Society Pakistan (ESP), Agha Iqrar Haroon is widely respected among his friends and colleagues in Pakistan and elsewhere in the world. He belongs to a very respectable family. People like him are matchless.
Agha Iqrar Haroon Specialises in Sustainable Tourism (Advocacy through practical measures), Tourism Project Management, Development of Media Campaigns, International Networking, Ecotourism Resorts Development and Mass Communication & Television Production.
Following are his assignments in the field of tourism during last couple of decades;
1. Joined Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) Ministry of Tourism Government of Pakistan as Consultant BS-20 officer in April 1997 and worked till Jan.2000.
2. First Editor of official web site of Government of Pakistan http://www.pak.gov.pk/ during July 1997 till end of this project which lasted for 7 months.
3. First Editor of Newsletter of Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation during January 1998 to October 1999.
4. Member of first Commission for Protection of Mountain Environment, Ministry of Tourism, Government of Pakistan 1997-99.
5. Started project of Ecotourism Society Pakistan in August 1997. Setting up Ecotourism Society Pakistan in July 1998 and became its pioneer President.
6. Joined Pakistan Austrian Institute for Tourism and Hotel Management (PAITHOM) as Media Consultant on Jan. 2000 and relinquished responsibility on December 15, 2000.
7. Joined Regional Development Society (RDS) as it’s Representative of South East Asia on December 16, 2000.
8. Correspondent of Ecoclub Athens in Pakistan for its Ecoclub Newspaper.
9. Former Consultant ICIMOD.
10. Member Advisory committee Global Ecotourism Conference ESLO.