Mohammad Nazir is a highly experienced, self-motivated individual who has 20 years of experience in the Private, public and social enterprise sector. He enjoys new challenges and has excellent innovatory skills
Mohammad Nazir is a highly experienced, self-motivated individual who has 20 years of experience in the Private, public and social enterprise sector. He enjoys new challenges and has excellent innovatory skills in tackling major business problems both in the private and social enterprise sector.
As a director of several companies he has excellent up to date skills in offering support in; International Trade Development, raising finance for growth, marketing, research, business reviews, management development and business growth. He has specific skills in the electronic industry, the manufacturing sector and the software development (e-commerce solutions). He has established many success business ventures including the first venture capital investment fund (non-interest) for micro businesses.
He serves on a number of regional and National Enterprise Development Boards on an advisory capacity to government.
• International Investment Partnership, Ventures and trade.
• Business Research, Marketing, management and development Supporting social enterprise in raising business finance from private and public sector.
• Financial management and planning.
• Good communication and negotiation skills.
• Business venture development.
2001 to Present
Chairman: West Midlands Inclusive Investment Company
• Non Executive Director Walsall Regeneration Company of Private Sector led Development Company.
• President of Software Development House.
• Chair: International Consulting and Research Business FCO regional ambassador.
• Member of UK International Trade and Investment Board.
• Member of West Midlands Enterprise Board.
• UK Trade Investment Champion for Asia and Middle East • First equity fund of it’s kind offering loans and equity to Micro and SMe’s.
• Created unique VC model applauded by the Minister of trade and investment Mr Nigel Griffiths.
• Set to raise 3m British Stirling Pounds by 2006.
• Set to invest in Technology and High Value add product and service companies.
• Set to raise œ200m for localization of service in the WM region.
Feb 1995 to Present
Managing Director: Nazir Associates Ltd
• Manage 8 staff and 12 hired specialist consultants to provide business consultancy services to the small business market, undertaking commercial contracts and specialist contracts from Local government, Central Government, DTI, Department of Employment, business associations etc.
• Consultancy services to the small/medium size business in the area of enterprise growth; new business start ups including social enterprises, business market research and product development, international investment and trade, Marketing, collective purchasing, business reviews, planning, finance reviews, growth and access mainstream services on behalf clients. Import and export advice and support provided to wholesale and manufacturing business.
• Carry out business reviews, business planning and market planning activity for small business in the manufacturing, food & drinks, textiles, social enterprise and retail sector.
• Secured, managed and delivered major ICT adoption by SME projects on behalf of DTi.
• Current turnover exceeds £375, 000.
Feb 95 to Present
Chairman: Impact West Midlands Consultancy and Training
• Employ 8 staff to provide a comprehensive skills development service targeted at the ICT manufacturing, transport and public sector agencies.
• Investors in People in the manufacturing sector.
• Business growth, quality systems and NVQ development in Industry.
• Training trainers, assessors, verifiers for business.
• Turnover in excess of œ140, 000.
• Directed people development and Assisted in the achievement of Investor in People Award in 1999.
Director RTC Associates
• Business marketing, planning and growth.
• Negotiated, managed and delivered contracts to set targets and customer requirements including new business start-up for private and community enterprise.
• Staff training and development to high standards.
• Liaised with major U. K. manufacturing companies as well as leading area regeneration organisations.
• Offer quality and efficiency solutions to UK’s leading manufacturers supply products to the automotive industry.
• Strategic planning for the company with over œ600k turnover.
1989-1992Development Officer / Manager (Gate and Joblink 2000)
Sponsored by Government's East Birmingham Task Force.
• Marketing a range of services to Small/medium sized business including business growth, grants and finance; TEC, EDD, TASK FORCE, DTI and Joblink initiatives.
• Developing, marketing, financing and managing customised training to the private and public sector companies.
• Performed company surveys to establish need.
• Develop community based employment agencies and set-up network of community based recruitment and training agencies.
• Developed and managed a professional recruitment agency service to the private sector business.
• Sourced funding from EDD, TEC, HEARTLANDS PLC, EUROPE, EMPLOMENT SERVICE ETC., to develop people skills.
Manager: Dubai Technical College- U A E
• Responsible for the establishment of Business, Computing, languages and engineering faculty.
• Curriculum development, finance, recruitment and supervision of staff.
• Management and supervision of the faculties.
Manager: Training College- Norwich
• Managing The College building and restaurant.
• Planning Training schedules.
• Financial management and control and purchasing.
• Managing foreign student stay(including Royals).
The above started as a trainee position
Education and Training
1998 to 1992
MBA- (business Ad and Finance)
Coventry College of Further Education
Institute of Employment consultants- Diploma
Bsc Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Other appropriate positions held:
Board Member: Regional Enterprise Board, lead on disadvantaged businesses, International Trade and Investment.
Member: Regional International Trade and Investment Group for the West Midlands-Developing strategy to make UK and West Midlands competitive in the world export market, working through UK Trade and Investment and governmental department. Comprises of leading business leaders.
Member: Regional Community Finance Development Group- Strategic body comprising of financial institutions who work to advise the regional government on access to finance strategy and development of network of social investment infrastructure.
Chairman of West Midlands Ethnic Minority Business Forum-Advise regional and national governments on enterprise development, investment, international trade and technology development within the SME sector.
Chairperson of Subgroup; Creating Conditions for growth and Member of the Advantage West Midland’s ICT steering group looking to develop the regional and national ICT cluster.
Purpose: To support AWM and partners regeneration strategy and input into debate to do with social inclusion and greater engagement with SME’s from minority ethnic communities.
March 2000 to 2003: Selected by the Small Business and E-commerce minister to serve on the National Small Business Ministerial Forum.(appointed via selection process-public appointments).
National Purpose: To provide customer focused policy ideas and recommendation to the ministers to shape government policy in supporting growth of small business including access to finance, enterprise support, regeneration and ICT. Also, he advised the Cabinet office in their review of SBS and the enterprise support structure.
February 2001 to 2002: Member of the DTI’S Youth Enterprise Steering Group for - England.
National Board Member; City Pride (Birmingham).
Purpose: To scrutinize City Partnership’s policies and performance as an independent auditing body. To provide benchmarks and innovative ideas to improve services delivery of local departments including services to small businesses. His role is lead on the open information for Birmingham, Diversity and Small Business Support. Address issues to do with Enterprise Learning in England and to contribute to national research. To shape Enterprise Learning strategy to contribute to an Enterprise Culture in the UK and work towards making UK a strong business center of the world.
January 1997 to 2003: University of First Age and Academy of Youth Board Director.
National Purpose: Innovative activities for the enhancement of educational achievement of children in Birmingham and (BUFA) and Nationally (NUFA) in technology, accelerated learning and citizenship of children between the ages of 11 to 16. To engage the young children, in government policy (Young Peoples Parliament) and contribute to greater awareness to young talent.
January 2001 to Present: LEA school governor at Bromford Infant and junior school.
Research Work Completed:
1. Venture Capital Finance focused at communities and social enterprises CDFI –SBS.
2. Access to finance for Micro and Smes-West Midlands.
3. Regional and National Incubation Strategy for ethnic Minority Businesses –UKBI.
4. Real Estate Bonds in UK (London Stock Exchange)-Dubai Islamic Bank.
5. Social Enterprise Development –Walsall.
6. SME and Mirco Business Support- Birmingham.
7. UK Hajj Tours(Air Charter etc)-Private Client.
8. Commercial Islamic Banking in Europe-Syndicate.
9. Intelligent Manufacturing techniques- SME’s - On behalf Technology Innovation Centre, Millennium Point.
10. Client Sensitive Growth Funding- Phoenix CDFI and SBS.
11. Food Standard for UK- AWM, BCC, UK Halal Corporation.
12. Regional Strategy for the Clothing Sector – On behalf of Birmingham City Council and the West Midlands Show Case.
13. ICT Adoption within Minority Business – Dti.
14. International Food Standard-Asian Food Sector Development- Birmingham City Council, IAB and Asian Food Business.
15. Retail Sector Strategy-SRB1 and Birmingham Economic Development Department.
14. Many research projects on behalf of Multinationals and SME’s
Interests: Reading, sports and community work.