Muhammad Mazhar Nazir was born in Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan and now he lives in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. He is currently working as Manager Public Relations for Ucare Foundation in Glasgow. The Foundation provides accessible, consistent and high quality healthcare and education facilities to developing countries, especially in rural and deprived areas of Pakistan.
Mazhar Nazir got his early education from Muzaffarabad and passed his Matriculation with flying colours in 1995 and Intermediate in Commerce (Commerce & Accounts) in 1997, both from Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Mirpur, Azad Kashmir. During his education he has always got first position in the class and school.
In 1997 Mazhar Nazir went to Lahore for further education and he passed his BCS (Computer Science) in 1999 from American International College, Faisal Town Lahore. He then gained BBA (Finance & Accounts) in 2001 and MBA (Finance & Marketing) in 2003 from the Al-Khair University (AJK), Islamabad.
In 2011, Mazhar Nazir arrived in Glasgow, UK for higher education and passed his PGD (Management) in March 2012 from the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM), UK and after that he got Master degree in MA Marketing & Innovation in March 2013 from the Anglia Ruskin University London, UK.
Apart from the above academic qualifications Mazhar Nazir did Oracle R12 Financials (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Assets Management) from Oranet Training & Solutions in New Garden Town Lahore. He also did Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) and Diploma in Computer Application (DCA) from Pentium computer training Institute, Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir.
Mazhar Nazir would love to work with any progressive and growth oriented organization who offers a challenging environment where he can apply his abilities to their fullest potential.
In 2001 Mazhar Nazir has started his professional career as a volunteer in Finance Department with Shoukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre in Lahore, Pakistan.
He served at many positions during his ten year services in the hospital including;
· June 01, 2001 to June 16, 2002 “Data Processing Operator”
· June 17, 2002 to June 30, 2005 “Assistant Accountant”
· July 01, 2005 to June 30, 2010 “Accounts officer”
· July 01, 2010 to April 05, 2011 “Assistant Manager Finance”
During his professional career at Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital Lahore from June 01, 2001 to April 05, 2011, he has worked in the different areas in finance department like General Ledgers, Treasury services, Payable, Banking, Inventory, costing, Fixed Assets and many more departments. He has also worked as a team member with IT department for implementation the accounting system in the hospital.
At Ucare Foundation, Mazhar Nazir’s responsibilities include:
· To discuss business strategy issues, products, services and target donors base with management to identify public relations requirements.
· To write, edit and arrange for the effective distribution of press releases, newsletters and other public relations material.
· To address donors and other target groups through meetings, presentations, the media and other events to enhance the public image of an organization.
· To develop and implement tools to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of public relations exercises.
· To work closely with the organizations, regarding the fundraising for charity and to develop and review public relation policies, programs and procedure.
· To plan and manage after- sales services, and continually improve those services and to distribute promotional and services publications to donors and community events.