Sultan Alam is Senior Project Manager with Zuhair Fayez Partnership Consultants a Construction Management Company for Saudi Japanese Automobile High Institute in Jeddah Saudi Arabia, where his duties and responsibilities include, Preparation of work plan according to scope, Budget establishment and follow up, Preparation of bid list of sub contractors for approval of client and identification of date of award, To coordinate with client complying with special requirements, Value engineering and negotiation of bid within budget range, Preparation of time schedule, Preparation of bid documents according to packages. Negotiation of bid, contract preparation, Checking of sub-contractors’ program of work and resources following main program and progress of work, Project organization, Mobilization, To follow up material procurement, especially long lead items, shop drawings etc, To check payment certificate, variation orders and to follow cash flow, Coordination and construction administration, Quality control, risk management & safety.
Sultan Alam’s Academic qualifications, memberships and prior to his current position some of his other work experiences are as under-noted;
B.Sc. Engineering (Civil Engineering) from University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan in 1968.
1. Master’s Degree in Engineering Management (MBA), Century University, Los Angeles, USA 1981. 2. Successful Management of Civil Engineering Projects and Computer Basics for Managers by American Society of Civil Engineers. 3. Project Management Professional Training by Project Management Institute, ISO seminars & internal auditor training.
1. Registered as Professional Engineer with UIDIP, Paris. “Ing. P.Eur”.
2. Registered as Chartered Environmentalist with Soc. Env. UK.
3. Registered as Professional Engineer with Pakistan Eng’g. Council.
4. Registered as Internal Auditor IRCA. UK.
Membership of Professional Institution:
1. Member, American Society of Civil Engineers. 2. Member, American Concrete Institute. 3. Member, Institution of Highway and Transportation, UK. 4. Member, Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management, UK.
Membership of Management Institutions:
1. Member, British Institute of Management, UK.
2. Member, Institute of Quality Assurance, UK.
3. Member, Society of American Value Engineers. USA.
4. Member, Construction Management Association of America.
5. Member, Project Management Institute of USA.
Sultan A has also worked for SAUDI BINLADIN GROUP, Architecture & Construction Division, as Technical Manager/ Contract Manager at Makkah Hotel Project (Dar Al-Tauheed).
Makkah Hotel Project is located at about 200 meters in front of King Fahad Gate of holy Haram, Makkah. It is a Five Star prestigious hotel with Shopping Mall at Ground Floor, reception Lobby at Mezzanine Floor, Eight Hotel Floors with about 320 Bedrooms, Nine Apartment Floors and Four Royal Suites Floors. Each floor has an area of 4000m2 with total service area over 100,000m2. It is about 30-storey building including Basements. The cost of the project is 1.1 billion Saudi Riyals. The Hotel shall be run by Hotel Inter-Continental.
For complete management of the following projects including Civil, Structural, Architectural, HVAC, Plumbing, electrical works.
Leylaty Ball Room Extension Project. Jeddah. 2. Memorial Monument at Abrug Al-raghama. Jeddah. 3. Mr. Ahmed Kattan Residence, Jeddah. 4. National Guard King Khalid Hospital, Pergola side Extension. Jeddah. 5. Saudi Cable Co., Telecommunication Cable Plant. Jeddah. 6. Al-Attas Wedding Hall, (Leylaty) Jeddah. 7. Libyan Consulate & Residence of Pilgrims. Jeddah. 8. Jeddah Beverage Can Making Company. Jeddah. 9. Pakistan Embassy School. Jeddah. 10. Nazer Shopping Center. Jeddah. 11. Hira Hospital – Makkah.
Apart from completing above mentioned projects, he also worked for some period, on Prince Khalid Bin Sultan Palace, Sheikh Abdul Mohsin Beach House – Jeddah, Karim Office Building – Riyadh, Sheikh Abudr Rehman Mosque & Villa – Makkah, King Abdul Aziz University, Student Center – Jeddah, Dallah Building, *Hira Hospital & Air Defence Command, Multi-Storey Apartments, Jeddah.